Pharmacy Practice Residency, Specialty in Ambulatory Care; Boston VA Medical Center
PharmD, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, 1996
BS, Pharmacy, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, 1990
Registered Pharmacist (RPh), Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE), Board Certified in Advanced Diabetes Managment (BC-ADM)
Areas of Teaching
- Cardiovascular disease
- Women's Health
- Over-the-Counter drugs
- Cardiovascular disease
- Scholarship of teaching
Peer-Reviewed Articles & Book Chapters
- Edwards KL, Riche DM, Stroup JS, Goldman-Levine JD, Padiyara RS, Cross LB, Kane MP. Insulin glargine and cancer risk: An Opinion Statement of the Endocrine and Metabolism Practice and Research Network of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. Pharmacotherapy: 2010;30(9):955-965.
- Goldman-Levine JD. Beyond metformin; initiating combination therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes. Pharmacotherapy. 2011;31(12 pt 2): 44S-53S.
- Goldman-Levine JD, Insulin Pen Doses. Expert Questions and Answers. Diabetes Self Management: 2009:Sept/Oct:55-56.
- Cheng J, Bhatt S, Goldman-Levine JD, The benefit and risk of antidiabetic agents used in patients with heart disease. Journal of Pharmacy Practice, published online November 2008, publication in print March/April issue, 2009:22;(2):179-193.
- Goldman-Levine JD. Zoledronic acid for osteoporosis. American Family Physician: 2008 :78(4):508-509.
- Pareira CE, Goldman-Levine JD. Case Report, letter: Venlafaxine extended release induced alopecia. Annals of Pharmacotherapy:2007;41:1084.
- Goldman-Levine JD. Insulin detemir for diabetes mellitus. American Family Physician: 2006;74(2):323-324.
- Goldman-Levine JD, Bohlman LG. Ezetimibe/Simvastatin for cholesterol. American Family Physician: 2005;72(10):2081-2082.
- Goldman-Levine JD, Lee KW. Insulin Detemir-A New Basal Insulin Analog. The Annals of Pharmacotherapy: 2005;39(3):502-7.
- Lemieux A, Goldman-Levine JD, Gorren J. Aripiprizole: An antipsychotic with a novel mechanism of action. J Pharm Technol 2003;19:365-72.
- Bechara C, Goldman-Levine JD. Case Report: Dramatic worsening of type 2 diabetes mellitus due to olanzapine after 3 years of therapy. Pharmacotherapy 2001;21(11):1444-1447.
- Pharmacy Practice Teacher of the Year, MCPHS
- Trustees Award for Teaching Excellence, MCPHS
- Recognition of teaching in Family Medicine, AAFP American Academy of Family Physicians
- Preceptor of the Year Given by the office of experiential education, MCPHS
- Long-Term Faculty Service Award, MCPHS
- Fellow, American College of Clinical Pharmacy
Current Professional Memberships, Service & Leadership
- Academic Reviewer for "Pharmacotherapy" The Journal of Human Pharmacology and Drug Therapy
- Expert Peer Review Panel for "American Academy of Diabetes Educators" (AADE)
- Academic Peer Reviewer for "American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine"
- Academic Peer Reviewer for "Annals of Family Medicine"
- "Prescribers Letter/Pharmacists Letter" Specialty Consultant Panel (area of diabetes)
- Phi Lambda Sigma Leadership Fraternity, MCPHS
- RHO CHI Pharmacy Honor Society, PSI Chapter, MCPHS
- Nonprescription Medicines Academy (NMA)
- Endocrine PRN group of ACCP
- Diabetes Educators of Eastern Massachusetts (DEEM)
- American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE)
- American Association of Diabetes Educators Specialty Practice Group (AADE-SPG)
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)
- Ambulatory Care PRN group of ACCP American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP)
- American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP)
- Member, Diabetes Guidelines Work Group, Diabetes Prevention and Control Program: Massachussetts Guidelines for Adult
- Diabetes Care, 2007, 2009
- Massachusetts Pharmacists Association (MPHA)
- Massachusetts Association of Health System Pharmacists (MSHP)
- New England Institute of Ambulatory Care Pharmacists (NEIAP)