How to Apply
English Language Academy Only:
179 Longwood Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Conditional Admission to MCPHS University Academic Program or MCPHS University Bridge Program:
What is Conditional Admission?
Conditional admission is offered to students who are academically admissible, but need additional English instruction. Students may begin in our English Language Academy. Full admission would be granted with one of the following:
- A passing score on the ACT Compass-ESL assessment. This exam is given on the MCPHS University campus.
- A TOEFL score of 79 for undergraduate admission or 90 for graduate admission.
- An IELTS score of 6.5 for undergraduate admission or 7.0 for graduate admission.
What is the MCPHS University Bridge Program?
In the Bridge Program, students will take intensive English and academic classes at the same time. Participation will be determined by ACT Compass or TOEFL exam scores.
- English only: Students with a TOEFL score below 69 or ACT Compass score below 250.
- Bridge Program: Students with a TOEFL score of 69-78 or an ACT Compass score of 250-269.
Why is our Bridge Program unique?
The English courses taken in the Bridge Program are “content based.” This means that they are specifically designed for students entering fields in health care. The English classes in this program are credit-bearing and count toward your academic degree. Students will meet with academic advisors to select college courses suitable for their future.
How do you take the ACT Compass?
The ACT Compass is offered at MCPHS University every Friday and the first Saturday of each month. Students may view the available dates and signup at www.mcphs.edu/compass. To find out more about the exam and take a sample quiz, click here.
Have Admission Questions? Contact:
Assistant Director of Admission