The Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) - FNP program is designed for individuals with a Master of Science in Nursing who wish to become eligible for national certification and advance practice licensure as a Family Nurse Practitioner. This program provides the formal education and clinical experience needed for advance practice primary care of individuals across the lifespan.
The Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Nursing is offered on our Worcester, MA and Manchester, NH campuses and:
- Includes a minimum 630 hours of supervised clinical practicum;
- Emphasizes diagnosing and managing common primary care problems through comprehensive physical and psychosocial assessment, decision-making/diagnostic reasoning processes, and health maintenance, including health promotion and disease prevention;
- Prepares the student to assume the role of Family Nurse Practitioner in a variety of community-based practice settings such as: private medical offices/practices, community health clinics, general practice and specialty clinics, ambulatory care centers, home care programs, school settings, etc.;
- Emphasizes the implementation of evidence-based practice in the implementation of all role components of the Family Nurse Practitioner;
- Stresses participation in and use of research translation and application, implementation of health policy, leadership, education, case management, and consultation.