The Doctor of Optometry (OD)/Master of Public Health (MPH) dual degree allows matriculated OD students on the MCPHS University Worcester campus to earn a Master of Public Health degree from MCPHS Online with shared credit between the two programs. This program uses the latest in instructional technology to assure that graduates possess a state-of-the-art education necessary to diagnose and manage the wide variety of ocular and systemic conditions encountered in today’s intense clinical settings, while providing them with a strong public health foundation in community health.
- Four-year program emphasizing clinically relevant instruction and patient care
- For students with an earned baccalaureate degree (or sufficient credits) and who have satisfactorily completed prerequisite courses
- Fall semester start
- Instruction conducted in state-of-the-art facilities at the Worcester campus
- Dedicated faculty who place a high importance on teaching, advising, and individual student development
- Clinical experiences in The Eye and Vision Center, our on-campus eye clinic and in selected clinical facilities as well as Veterans Administration Centers, health departments, hospitals, and community agencies in and beyond the greater Worcester region
- Concentration on Community Health with overview of five core principles of public health: Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Environmental Health Science, Health Policy and Management, and Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Merit scholarships for qualified students
For more information on The Eye and Vision Center click here.