Student Financial Services
According to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and MCPHS University policy, all Boston, Worcester and Manchester students (regardless of enrollment) must be covered by a comprehensive health insurance program. The University makes available a general health insurance program which meets these standards. This policy is provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield and administered by University Health Plans. The annual coverage begins September 1 and continues for 12 months.
All international students must enroll in the Blue Cross Blue Shield plan with the exception of:
- Those international students whose sponsoring institutions have a signed agreement with MCPHS University that complies with the University's health insurance waiver requirements
- International students with a plan for which their health insurance company's primary home office is based in the United States AND the policy provides comparable coverage to the University student health insurance plan
International students who do not fall under one of the conditions above MUST purchase the University's student health insurance plan and therefore are not eligible for a waiver.
To Complete Your Online Health Insurance Waiver Form, Please Click Here.
If you do not waive enrollment in the College Student Health Insurance Plan by the appropriate deadline date, you will be held responsible for the health insurance premium.
Health Insurance Waiver Deadlines
- Student entering Fall semester: September 21st, 2014
- Students entering Spring Semester: January 31st, 2015
- Students entering Summer semester: May 31st, 2015
*You must complete the waiver each academic year.
Health insurance Premium Costs
Your health insurance premium is charged once at the start of your specific academic year.
- For students entering fall semester the premium is: $2254
- For students entering Spring semester, the premium is $1,505
- For students entering Summer semester, the premium is $755
Loss of Coverage
If you submit an insurance waiver and then lose coverage due to a qualifying life changing event, you must contact Student Financial Services at 617.732.2864 within 60 days to be enrolled in the BCBS SHIP. All students are required by law to have health insurance while enrolled at MCPHS University.
If you have questions about:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Student Health Insurance Benefits:
Contact University Health Plans at 800.437.6448 or visit them online at www.universityhealthplans.com
- The Premium that has Been Charged to your Bill, or the Status of Your Waiver:
Contact MCPHS University at 617.732.2864