Come See Us This Summer and Discover MCPHS!
It’s time to picture the possibilities. To start building an exciting future in healthcare. To discover all that that Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (MCPHS) has to offer.
If you are a student who has graduated from high school and are looking to transfer into MCPHS, please register for one of our Transfer Information Sessions. More information about these events can be found at www.mcphs.edu/infosession.
If you are a student currently in high school, please read below for all of your summer visit options.
Summer Visit Options
Summer is a great time to visit, and you have several options to visit MCPHS and get to know us better, from a school overview, to major specific events, to an informative one-on-one meeting.
Option 1: Discovery Day
Interested in healthcare but still exploring your options? This is a great way to see all MCPHS has to offer. You’ll take a tour of the campus and our state-of-the-art labs, learn about all of our programs, meet the MCPHS admission staff and learn how to apply. You’ll also have an opportunity to hear current students talk about their college experiences and to ask them questions about classes, careers and what it’s like to be at MCPHS.
Option 2: Meet One-on-One with Admission
Have specific questions about the admission process or your major of interest? You can meet one-on-one with your admission counselor who will answer your questions about the major (or majors) you’re interested in, submitting your application, and financial aid and scholarship opportunities. You’ll also be able to tour the campus and meet with current students. These visits can be scheduled Monday through Friday between 8:30AM and 4:30PM.
Explore the visit options below, and when you've decided on one that works for you, click here to schedule that visit. If you have questions, please us call at 617.879.5964
- Information Sessions
An information session will show you all the advantages of an MCPHS education. This information session is for seniors (who have not yet applied to MCPHS), juniors, sophomores, and freshmen high school students interested in learning about the programs, the application process, and student life at MCPHS. The information session is an hour long and occurs before our campus tours on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- Meet & Greet with an Admission Counselor
Your chance to sit down with an admission counselor. Depending on the amount of visitors, meet and greets may be held in a group or individual setting. In a Meet and Greet, you can:
- Learn about Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (MCPHS)
- Discover your academic program
- Discuss your career outlook
- Talk about next steps with your application
- Map out an affordability plan for your family
- Learn about the Longwood Medical and Academic Area
- Tour the Campus
Take our Extended Campus Tour, a tour led by a Brain Cell (current student), where you can experience our state-of-the-art facilities, classrooms, and residence halls. Plus you’ll see our extended campus – the Longwood Medical Area of Boston!
Please note: There is a fair amount of walking with the Extended Campus Tour. It usually lasts an hour and a half.
While you're here, make sure you also take a stroll down Longwood Avenue. It’s a 5 minute walk and sightseeing of the world’s best medical facilities. Don't miss the opportunity to see Harvard Medical, Children’s Hospital, the Brigham’s and Women’s Hospital, Beth Israel Deaconess and many more—all within two blocks on Longwood Avenue.
Option 3: Discover Your Major Days
Already know that you want to major in nursing? Public health? Pharmacy? These sessions are a great opportunity to get an in-depth look at each of our specific majors within our specific schools. You’ll tour the MCPHS campus and enjoy a fascinating clinic, lecture or hands-on lab. You’ll also have a chance to meet and talk with faculty and students about the majors that interest you the most.
Dates & Times
- School of Arts and Sciences: Majors of interest include Premedical and Health Studies (all pathways), Medical and Molecular Biology (all pathways), Chemistry, Health Sciences, Health Psychology (all pathways), Global Health Management, and
- School of Nursing
- Forsyth School of Dental Hygiene
- School of Pharmacy: Majors of interest include Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD), Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business, Biomedical Informatics.
- School of Medical Imaging and Therapeutics: Majors of interest include Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Diagnostic Medical Imaging (DMS), Radiation Therapy, Nuclear Medicine Technology, and Radiography.