Campus Life

Am I required to wear a mask?

MCPHS is mask optional with a few exceptions. All three of our campuses are now in low risk communities according to the CDC framework.

Masks (KF94, KN95, N95) will still be required in:

  • Clinical practicum assessments
  • Healthcare facilities such as Forsyth Dental Hygiene Clinic; Eye and Vision Center; NESA Acupuncture Treatment Center; Balance, Movement, and Wellness Center; and Counseling Services

Masks will be optional everywhere else on campus, including in instructional classroom settings, meeting rooms, shared workspaces, residential halls (unless isolating or completing isolation/quarantine), dining halls and common areas of buildings.

For further questions on our updated policies, please email or call 617.732.2798.

How and when do I get my MCPHS ID photo?

All students are required to complete the process to get their MCPHS ID to gain access to all campus buildings. In addition, students are expected to wear their MCPHS ID and lanyards at all times while they are on campus. 

If you are a new student who does not yet have an MCPHS ID, please read the following about how to upload a picture to be used on your MCPHS ID. Please follow all guidelines to ensure your ID photo is not rejected: 

  • Be sure that the filename of your photo is your ID number—for example, 0456789.jpg. 
  • Photos should be in color and within the last year. 
  • You must be the only person pictured in the photo. 
  • Photos must be clear, be a front view, and be a full headshot. 
  • Photos should be taken against a plain, light-colored background with adequate lighting. 
  • Please do not wear sunglasses or a hat. 
  • Photos must be submitted in jpeg/jpg format. 
  • Think of this as a passport photo. 

When you’re ready, submit your ID photo using our online ID Photo Submission form.

How have common areas changed?

Shared, high-touch items such as microwaves, coffeemakers, shared computers, and refrigerators have been removed and will no longer be allowed in common spaces or residential suites on campus. We’ve taken these measures to decrease the number of common surfaces touched by multiple people daily and keep our community healthy and safe. 

Do I have access to study spaces and common areas?

Campus facilities are open to all students. These areas are available on a first-come, first-served basis. We ask students to clean and sanitize the areas after use. 

Cleaning materials are available in each space.

Are Boston campus dining facilities open?

Yes. Our dining vendors are committed to the safety and well-being of our campus community. Their practices include daily wellness checks of associates and delivery drivers, increased sanitizing and disinfecting, the wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE), extensive associate training, and informational signage. There are also various to-go options and staffed stations with more limited seating within the dining venues. Access up-to-date hours of operation for all Colleges of the Fenway dining facilities.

Students with questions about dining accommodations (e.g., those with severe food allergies) should contact OSAA at or 617.879.5995.

What if I have health concerns about being on campus?

We are here to support you and help you feel as safe and comfortable as possible. If you have any concerns about increased risk please email or the COVID-19 Team at, who can answer your questions about precautions the University is taking. Talk to your healthcare provider with specific medical questions.

If you are a student who is immunocompromised or otherwise at an increased risk and you are concerned about how that may affect you in an academic, clinical, or housing setting, please contact OSAA as soon as possible. OSAA can be reached at or 617.879.5995.

Are the shared Colleges of the Fenway (COF) facilities open?

Many options are available to students—including group fitness classes, the Schumann Fitness Center, and the Tansey Auxiliary Space. For more information about what is available, please view the Wentworth Fitness Center web page or email

Should you have issues with your account, please email Please note that this account is not monitored over the weekend or on holidays.

Is the bookstore open?

The bookstore, located on the lower level of the MassArt/Kennedy Building Dining Commons, is open both for in-store shopping as well as online to order textbooks.

Bookstore questions can be directed to 617.739.4770 or email

How is the University executing physical distancing and PPE safety in common areas like libraries, lobbies, lounges, study spaces, and so forth?

Based on CDC guidelines, new occupancy limits are in effect in each space, and adequate social distancing is maintained for all occupants. Cleaning and disinfecting protocols have been established consistent with CDC guidelines. Furniture modifications have been made to support social distancing guidelines.

Are there cleaning and disinfecting protocols in place?

MCPHS has put in place an enhanced cleaning and disinfecting program. The frequency and type of cleaning is determined by the use of the space and the number of occupants.

Cleaning supplies include those of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA–registered disinfectants), and our custodial staff follows stringent cleaning protocols. We have designated restrooms, entry door handles, stairway railings, elevator buttons, and so forth as high-traffic/high-touch areas, and they are disinfected multiple times throughout the day. MCPHS has assigned staff responsible for cleaning and disinfecting classrooms and study spaces when not occupied. Each person is encouraged to clean the area they use. Libraries, study carrels, study rooms, and shared workstations are spaces where the individual is responsible for leaving a safe area for the next occupant.

Has the University done anything to upgrade its ventilation systems?

Yes. Following recommendations from the CDC and the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers, MCPHS has increased outside air on all HVAC units to the maximum allowable levels at all facilities. In addition, exhaust settings are set at 100% where equipment allows, and all filters have the highest possible rating from the manufacturer.

Are co-curricular programs and campus activities being offered in person?

MCPHS is offering in-person co-curricular programs and campus activities. Clubs and professional organizations are encouraged to employ virtual meetings and events in addition to in-person activities.

What procedures are in place for on-campus clinics?

All clinic visits are by appointment only, and visitors must provide a health screening questionnaire when they arrive. Masks must always be worn by visitors, and all students, faculty, and staff are required to wear masks or other appropriate PPE. Adequate social distancing must be maintained, except in cases where it is not feasible due to the nature of the clinic visit.

Are general health services available?

Optum Student Health Services continues to provide urgent and routine medical care for Boston students. They offer appointments in person at the Tree House and also via telehealth. Please call 617.879.5220 to schedule an appointment.

Are the libraries open?

Yes. The library spaces are open and staff members are available to assist you. You may borrow physical books, DVDs, and other items again. In addition, the Division of Library and Learning Resources continues to provide comprehensive support to students remotely, including online reference services and research consultations. The MCPHS Library Off-Campus Access page has information on how to connect to the library, MCPHS Smart Search, Google Scholar, and LibKey Nomad, as well as a live chat with MCPHS librarians.

What if I need to meet with someone in the Office of Student Affairs?

Students who need to meet with a dean in the Office of Student Affairs/Dean of Students Office on their campus can contact them via email and by phone (see below). Meetings with deans will be done remotely or in person.

What if I am in an emergency situation?

If you are in an emergency situation, please call 911 or Public Safety on your home campus:

  • Boston Public Safety: 617.732.2900
  • Worcester Public Safety: 508.373.5800
  • Manchester Public Safety: 603.314.1771