Biogen, in collaboration with MCPHS, offers seven unique fellowship programs to promote the role of the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) within the biopharmaceutical industry. Fellows will gain extensive experience through various practical activities in both industry and academic settings, which will enhance the potential for accelerated career development. Currently, the following options are offered by Biogen in partnership with MCPHS:
- Regulatory Sciences – Regulatory Strategy
- Regulatory Sciences – Advertising & Promotion
- Regulatory Sciences – Global Medical Writing
- US Medical
- Worldwide Medical
- Therapeutics Development
- US Marketing
This fellowship program is designed to offer Doctor of Pharmacy graduates in-depth experience within a biopharmaceutical industry setting. In addition, PharmD graduates will have the opportunity to enhance their clinical and academic background in conjunction with MCPHS University. Overall, this fellowship program will provide the training and experiences necessary to prepare the fellow for a career in the competitive pharmaceutical industry.
Biogen is a leading global biotechnology company that pioneers science and drives innovation for complex and devastating diseases. The company has a strong scientific and innovation legacy, and has been a leader in neuroscience, with a purpose-driven culture focused on patients.
Biogen has developed multiple breakthrough innovations including a broad portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis, the first approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, the first approved treatment targeting an underlying cause of genetic ALS and co-developed two treatments to address a defining pathology of Alzheimer’s disease.
Today, Biogen is advancing a pipeline of potential therapies across neurology, neuropsychiatry, specialized immunology and rare diseases.
Check out the complete Pipeline overview.
Current Disease State Areas of Research
- Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- Specialized Immunology
- Neuromuscular Disorders
- Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Genetic Neurodevelopment
- Duration: Two years
- Start Date: First week in July
- The fellow will receive a competitive stipend and benefits package, including comprehensive health and dental insurance. Attendance at one or more professional meetings, conferences, or workshops will be sponsored by the fellowship program.