Student Immunization Compliance
The Student Immunization Compliance Office is dedicated to the health and safety of the MCPHS community in compliance with State of Massachusetts immunization laws. Required immunizations, titers, and the COVID-19 vaccine series must be completed prior to the first academic term upon enrollment.
Immunization compliance is required for all enrolled students in the following categories:
- All campus-based students
- All residential students
- All online students with an on-site clinical rotation
Immunization/Waiver Deadlines for State Requirements
- August 1—Fall Admitted Students
- December 1—Spring Admitted Students
- April 1 — Summer Admitted Students
Students must demonstrate immunization compliance with the MCPHS Immunization Policy [PDF] by uploading records of all required immunizations to MyCB. To track immunization records and compliance, the University works with MyCB, a confidential electronic health record service. Student Immunization will send students an email with instructions on how to set up an account with MyCB. Once an account is created, students will be able to upload their records. There is a one-time fee to create a MyCB account. Instructions about payment will be provided on the payment step of the online order process. Students will have direct access to their accounts to monitor personal immunization compliance including after graduation.
Non-compliance with University immunization requirements will result in adverse action up to and including administrative withdrawal from the University and may negatively impact progression in an academic program.
(A) Physician Immunization Summary form (for students without a clinical rotation) [PDF]
- For students without a clinical rotation: As an additional resource, students can print this document for a physician to fill out and sign. Once completed, the student can upload this form to the corresponding tabs in the MyCB To-Do List.
(B) Physician Immunization Summary form (for students with a clinical rotation) [PDF]
- For students with a clinical rotation: As an additional resource, students can print this document for a physician to fill out and sign. Once completed, the student can upload this form to the corresponding tabs in the MyCB To-Do List.
MCPHS Student Vaccine Exemption Form [PDF]
- Religious exemption requests must be renewed annually at the start of each academic year.
- Medical exemption requests must be renewed annually at the start of each academic year and must be supported by medical documentation. Please refer to the exemption form for additional guidance.
MCPHS Immunization Policy [PDF]
Student Immunization Policy Guide [PDF]
- This document outlines how to create a MyCB account and upload immunization records
Immunization Frequently Asked Questions [PDF]
Immunization Information System (IIS)
- An IIS is an immunization registry in which many states participate, where doctors and public health clinics save and update vaccination records.
- Check each state’s registry where you received a vaccine, and you can put together your immunization record.
Student Health Services - Boston Campus Only
To further support students who may need to receive immunizations, the Student Immunization Office partners with local vendors on each campus and/or through the Colleges of the Fenway (Boston only) to offer vaccine clinics each semester. Students will receive information to their student email account with details on the clinics.
- Boston Campus—September 11 and September 13
- Worcester Campus—September 12
- Manchester Campus—September 14
Requirements for clinical rotations are set by clinical sites. MCPHS does not have the authority to override these requirements. Medical and religious exemptions may be accepted at the discretion of clinical sites. Failure to obtain all immunizations required to participate in clinicals or other activities with patient contact may negatively impact progression in certain academic programs. Please contact your clinical coordinator for your academic program to discuss how waivers/exemptions may affect your clinical rotation requirements. . In order to be eligible for clinical placements or service-learning experiences, students must meet all University immunization requirements and any additional site requirements.
Students with upcoming clinical rotations are required to be in compliance one semester before their scheduled rotation. Students who have questions about clinical rotation requirements are directed to contact their academic clinical coordinator in advance. If you are unsure who your clinical coordinator is, you are welcome to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Download the MCPHS Immunization Policy [PDF] to see detailed clinical requirements.
For assistance with record uploads, creating a MyCB account, general questions etc. can be directed to:
Student Immunization Compliance Office
Division of Student Affairs
Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m – 4:30 p.m. (EST)
Fennell 3rd Floor – Boston Campus
For technical assistance or issues with a MyCB account please contact:
For questions regarding Student Health Insurance, please visit: