Skip to content

Current F-1 Students

I am an F-1 student. How can I get an I-20 travel signature?

If you are a continuing student returning to MCPHS for the summer terms, fill out our online Request for I-20 Reprint to obtain an updated travel signature. In the I-20 Reprint Reason Questionnaire, select “TRAVEL” as the reprint reason. Due to the COVID-19 emergency, copies of I-20s and originals can be used with valid travel signatures.

Please email our office at if you have any questions.

Can I come to the office to pick up my immigration documents or if I have questions about my F-1 status?

No, currently Immigration and International Support Services continue to work remotely. We are available for scheduled appointments via Microsoft Teams, which you can download here or in the App Store. It can be used on desktop or mobile device, and to sign in, simply use your MCPHS login credentials. To schedule a Microsoft Teams appointment with us, email our office.

What do I need to do if I am planning to come to MCPHS to participate in the hybrid program for the summer 2021 terms?

Please verify if you have a current travel signature on page 3 of your I-20. If your travel signature is older than 1 year, please contact Immigration & International Support Services at

As an F-1 Student, do I need to leave the U.S.?

No, you do not need to leave the U.S. if you are maintaining your F-1 status and are enrolled in a full course of study for summer 2021. If you have questions regarding your immigration status, please contact

As an F-1 can I take only online courses for summer 2021?

Due to the current public health emergency, the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) continues to make exceptions to the online enrollment restrictions. If the summer 2021 terms are your annual break, you are not required to be enrolled in classes. However, if you are in an accelerated program that requires summer enrollment you can remain in a valid F-1 status while enrolled in an online only schedule, unless your program of study requires you to be enrolled in the hybrid format.

Please note, if you are required to be enrolled in a summer term(s) and choose not to be enrolled in classes at MCPHS for the summer 2021 term(s), you must take a leave of absence or withdraw, and you cannot remain in the U.S. Contact if you have any questions. 

As an F-1, is there any information I need to provide to Immigration and International Support Services?

Yes, you need to notify our office if you are in the U.S, and if you are returning to the United States for the MCPHS program. Please continue to update your current local address, and if you leave the U.S. you are required to notify us. In addition to this, you will receive an email from our office providing detailed instructions on how to provide this new information to us. Contact Immigration and International Support Services if you have any additional questions