Mission, Vision, Goals and OutcomesMaster of Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS)
The MCPHS Boston PA Program is an innovator in PA education that prepares its graduates for current and evolving PA practice. Our graduates will demonstrate respect for patient dignity, diversity, and autonomy by advocating for healthy lifestyles and equitable healthcare delivery for all people. Our graduates will be empathetic and compassionate members and leaders of healthcare teams whose goal is holistic patient health.
The mission of MCPHS PA Boston is to provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed to participate in and lead interprofessional healthcare teams while providing quality and compassionate medical care to diverse patients across the lifespan.
The goals of the Master of Physician Assistant Studies program are:
- Provide students with a strong foundation in the basic and clinical sciences enabling them to provide high quality preventive care, medical management and patient education in a wide variety of practice settings.
- Facilitate active learning and clinical decision making skills.
- Foster interpersonal and professional qualities essential to providing patient care in an ethical manner.
- Develop skills to function as a competent member of an interprofessional team.
- Instill the value of lifelong learning and promote service to the profession.