MissionForsyth School of Dental Hygiene
The Forsyth School of Dental Hygiene commits to excellence through engagement of students in a diverse learning environment, fostering community partnerships, and advancement of knowledge through scholarship and lifelong learning.
Goal 1. Educate health professionals dedicated to meeting the oral health needs of a diverse public, functioning with autonomy as prevention specialists, providing quality patient-centered care, and exhibiting high levels of ethical decision-making. Upon graduation, the student will be able to:
- Collect and analyze patient data to plan, implement and evaluate quality comprehensive patient care that promotes health-related quality of life and meets the needs of a diverse population.
Goal 2. Engage with the community for oral health awareness, advocacy, and policy development.
- Promote the value of oral health through service-based activities, community affiliations, and involvement in local organizations.
- Provide services that improve access to oral health care for underserved populations.
Goal 3. Conduct evidence-based scholarship to determine and/or establish best practices for the profession.
- Use evidence-based decision-making to evaluate preventive strategies and interventions.
Goal 4. Contribute to the knowledge base and growth of the profession.
- Apply self-assessment to monitor knowledge and performance to achieve continuous professional growth and development.
- Use critical thinking to adapt to changes in healthcare technology and practice.
Goal 5. Create innovative pathways to educate dental hygiene professionals.