Admission RequirementsBachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography—General Fast Track (Worcester)
We prioritize the review and admission of applications submitted earlier in our rolling admission process, so it is to your advantage to submit your application as soon as possible.
Students with a bachelor's degree or the appropriate amount of college credits and prerequisites may apply to the fast track program. Courses must have been completed at a regionally accredited college or university with a grade of C or better for transfer. Math and science courses taken more than ten years prior to the anticipated date of matriculation to MCPHS will not be accepted.
Required Courses for Students with a Bachelor's Degree
Linked courses are available through the MCPHS School of Professional Studies.
- Anatomy and Physiology I & II with lab (8 credits)
- General Chemistry I with lab (4 credits)
- Physics I (Algebra-based) with lab (4 credits)
- Algebra and Trigonometry (3 credits) (Acceptable substitutions include Precalculus and Calculus)
- Expository Writing I (3 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
- Medical Terminology (2 credits)
Additional Courses Required for Students Without a Bachelor's Degree
- General Chemistry I & II with lab (8 credits)
- Expository Writing II (3 credits)
- Introduction to Psychology (3 credits)
- American Culture, Identity, and Public Life (3 credits) (Acceptable substitutions include Introduction to Sociology or upper-level sociology course)
- Humanities elective (3 credits) (Acceptable courses include Literature, Creative Writing, Philosophy, Ethics, Religious Studies, Select Fine Arts, Advanced Level Languages)
- Behavioral Science elective (3 credits) (Acceptable courses include any upper level psychology course)
- Social Science elective (3 credits) (Acceptable courses include History, Political Science/Government, Anthropology, Upper-level Sociology, American Studies, Women Studies, Ethnic Studies, Geography, Economics)
- Healthcare Ethics (3 credits)
- Interpersonal Communications for Health Professionals (3 credits)
- General Electives (6 credits)
Prerequisite courses may be transferred in or completed at MCPHS prior to entering professional DMS courses. Up to six (6) credit hours of general electives may be taken concurrently with professional DMS courses.
Official exam results from CLEP examinations can be used for up to 18 credits of prerequisite requirements.
For admission to the program an applicant must submit:
- MCPHS application
- All official college transcripts
- 1 Letter of Recommendation
- 60+ credits of transferable college level course work
For International Students:
- Submission of a TOEFL, IELTS, or iTEP exam score
- Official transcripts from non-U.S. secondary schools, colleges, or universities must also be sent to World Education Services or Educational Credential Evaluators for a course-by-course evaluation.
Documents can be sent directly to the Worcester Admissions office at:
Worcester Admission Office
19 Foster Street
Worcester, MA 01608
508.373.5607 or 800.225.5506