Admission RequirementsBachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography—Echocardiography Accelerated Track
Our year-round, three-year program builds on your previous college studies to extend your expertise into echocardiography and vascular medical imaging.
First-year applicants can view their admission requirements on the Undergraduate Applicants page.
Students with previous college credit may transfer in to the first or second year of the program. Courses must have been completed at a regionally accredited college or university with a grade of C or better for transfer. Math and science courses taken more than ten years prior to the anticipated date of matriculation to MCPHS will not be accepted.
While there are no specific required courses for entry into the first year of our program, the admission committee will look for success in any math and science courses you have already taken. If you complete any of the courses listed below, you may receive transfer credit and your first year course load may be lighter. However, due to the block registration nature of MCPHS programs, entering the first year of the program with transfer credits will not change the total length of your program. Courses, other than elective courses, may not be moved forward in your schedule.
For students who meet all requirements below, with exception to Interpersonal Communications for Health Professionals and Healthcare Ethics, please see more information for Diagnostic Medical Sonography–Echocardiography (Fast Track BS).
Courses Accepted for Transfer Credit:
- Anatomy and Physiology I & II with lab (8 credits)
- Basic Chemistry I & II with lab (8 credits)
- Physics I (Algebra-based) with lab (4 credits)
- Algebra and Trigonometry (3 credits) (Acceptable substitutions include Precalculus and Calculus)
- Expository Writing I & II (6 credits)
- Interpersonal Communications for Health Professionals (3 credits)
- Introduction to Psychology (3 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits) (Acceptable substitutions include Basic Statistics, Biostatistics, Psychological Statistics, Economic Statistics)
- American Culture, Identity, and Public Life (3 credits) (Acceptable substitutions include Introduction to Sociology or upper-level sociology course)
- Humanities elective (3 credits) (Acceptable courses include Literature, Creative Writing, Philosophy, Ethics, Religious Studies, Select Fine Arts, Advanced Level Languages)
- Behavioral Science elective (3 credits)* (Acceptable courses include any upper level psychology course)
- Social Science elective (3 credits)* (Acceptable courses include History, Political Science/Government, Anthropology, Upper-level Sociology, American Studies, Women Studies, Ethnic Studies, Geography, Economics)
- Healthcare Ethics (3 credits)*
* Prerequisite courses may be transferred in or completed at MCPHS during the professional phase of the program.
Official exam results for CLEP examinations may be used for up to 18 credits of prerequisite requirements.