Admission RequirementsBachelor of Science in Health Sciences—Degree Completion
For admission to the program, an applicant must have:
- An associate’s degree in a clinical allied health discipline from a programmatically and regionally accredited institution
- Current registration, certification or licensure in an allied health discipline
- A recommended cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
The following courses may be considered for transfer credit. Courses must have been completed at a regionally accredited college or university with a grade of C or better for transfer. Math and science courses taken more than ten years prior to the anticipated date of matriculation to MCPHS may not be accepted.
Prerequisite/Arts and Sciences Courses:
Linked courses are available through the MCPHS School of Professional Studies.
- Life Science (3 credits)
- Basic Chemistry with lab (4 credits)
- Expository Writing I & II (6 credits)
- Introduction to Psychology (3 credits)
- Introduction to Sociology (3 credits) (Acceptable substitutions include History or Political Science)
- Interpersonal Communications (3 credits)
- Healthcare Ethics (3 credits)
- Algebra & Trigonometry (3 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
- Humanities Elective (3 credits)
Prerequisite courses (as indicated above) must have been completed at a regionally accredited college or university with a grade of C or better for transfer. Math and science courses taken more than ten years prior to the anticipated date of matriculation to MCPHS will not be accepted.