Admission RequirementsBachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Business
First-year applicants can view their admission requirements on the Undergraduate Applicants page.
Students with 12 or more college credits may transfer in to the first, second, or third year of the program. Courses must have been completed at a regionally accredited college or university with a grade of C or better for transfer. Math and science courses taken more than ten years prior to the anticipated date of matriculation to MCPHS will not be accepted.
While there are no specific required courses for entry into the first year of our program, the admission committee will look for success in any math and science courses you have already taken. If you complete any of the courses listed below, you may receive transfer credit and your first year course load may be lighter. However, due to the block registration nature of MCPHS programs, entering the first year of the program with transfer credits will not change the total length of your program. Courses, other than elective courses, may not be moved forward in your schedule.
Required Courses For Admission To Year II of the Program:
Linked courses are available through the MCPHS School of Professional Studies.
- General Biology I (3 credits)
- General Biology II with lab (4 credits)
- Basic Chemistry I with lab (4 credits)
- Basic Chemistry II with lab (4 credits)
- Calculus I (3 credits)
- Calculus II (3 credits)
- Expository Writing I (3 credits)
- Expository Writing II (3 credits)
- American Culture, Identity, and Public Life (3 credits) (Acceptable substitutions include Introduction to Sociology or upper-level sociology course)
Required Courses For Admission To Year III of the Program:
- Anatomy & Physiology I (3 credits)
- Anatomy & Physiology II (3 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits) (Acceptable substitutions include Basic Statistics, Biostatistics, Psychological Statistics, Economic Statistics
- Introduction to Psychology (3 credits)
- Organizational Psychology (3 credits)
- Interpersonal Communications for Health Professionals (3 credits)
- Economics (3 credits) (Acceptable courses include Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, or General Economics)
- Humanities Elective (3 credits) (Acceptable courses include Literature, Creative Writing, Philosophy, Ethics, Religious Studies, Select Fine Arts, Advanced Level Languages)
- Behavioral Science Elective (3 credits) (Acceptable courses include any upper-level psychology course)
- Social Science Elective (3 credits) (Acceptable courses include History, Political Science, Government, American Studies, Geography, Anthropology, Economics)