Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene—Accelerated (BS)Forsyth School of Dental Hygiene
Start Term: Fall, Spring
Fast track your career launch at New England’s top college for dental hygiene, and join one of the highest-rated professions in healthcare support.
Preventive Oral Health Integrated with Diagnostics and Treatment Planning
Your 33-Month Journey
As well as learning to assess patients’ risks for disease and prescribe long-term oral healthcare goals, you will gain a broad, science-based perspective on dental hygiene research and practice.
- study anatomy, physiology, and the impact of nutrition on oral health
- explore basic chemistry, microbiology, mathematics, and statistics
- learn the essentials of psychology, expository writing, and communication
- explore patient and healthcare communities through the study of American culture, public life, and human psychology
- study dental anatomy, embryology, histology, periodontology, and pathology
- participate in pre-clinic, dental radiology, and dental materials labs
- learn dental hygiene process of care and in pain management labs
- develop skills for conducting oral health research
- deepen your knowledge of pharmacology and the medical complex through patient case-study analysis
- participate in extensive clinical dental hygiene care in our onsite and external practice sites
- investigate the scope of dental hygiene practice and career management
- explore health care ethics and community oral health
- complete a capstone project in dental hygiene leadership
The Forsyth School of Dental Hygiene at MCPHS
Doing well while doing good
Professional success and personal satisfaction go hand-in-hand for MCPHS dental hygiene graduates.
The MCPHS dental hygiene clinical experience
Work with a diverse patient population from MCPHS and surrounding communities in one of the nation’s preeminent dental clinics.
$78k average salary
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports dental hygienist salaries ranging from $60k to $100k in 2021.
Prepare to heal—and lead
Tyler Eatchel, DH, was so well prepared after his MCPHS dental hygiene training that he was asked to co-teach some classes in dental school.
MCPHS Community Voices
The lived experiences of MCPHS students, partners, alumni, and faculty tell an eloquent story. They illustrate just how our student-centered, teaching-first approach keeps us in the top tier of the country’s “most transformative colleges.” (Money magazine 2020).
Bronwyn Swanson| BSDH ’23
“I’m extremely confident about going out into the workforce and finding a good job. MCPHS does a really great job of preparing you for the professional years.”
News & Features
A crucial role in holistic healthcare
Our focus on team-based care prepares you to work with other healthcare providers, which leads to better communication across health professions and improves patient outcomes.
Comprehensive oral health knowledge
As an essential member of a healthcare team, you will be equipped to assess patients’ oral condition and risk for oral disease and to develop treatment plans to meet patients’ oral health needs.
In our renowned on-campus dental clinic, you will be trained on state-of-the-art equipment using a scientific and evidence-based approach to the practice of dental hygiene.
Evidence-based care planning
Specializing in preventive care, you will be trained to provide exceptional patient care that promotes oral health, helps prevent oral disease, and leads to improved overall systemic health.
Other Pathways to a Career in Dental Hygiene
Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene—Fast Track
Full-time 16 month program on our Worcester campus.
Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene—Predental Track
Full-time 37 month program on our Boston campus.
Master of Science in Dental Hygiene
Part-time or full-time online program.
AS to MS in Dental Hygiene Bridge Program
Part-time online program.
Graduate Certificate in Oral Health Professions Education
9-credit online program.
Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene — Degree Completion
Part-time and fully online.
Download a Program Fact Sheet
Download a program fact sheet for a snapshot of the Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene—Accelerated.