Admission RequirementsOccupational Therapy (MSOT)
For admission to the program, an applicant must have:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum overall 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum prerequisite 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Three letters or recommendation
Additionally, the following courses must be completed:
Linked courses are available through the MCPHS School of Professional Studies.
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I & II with lab (8 credits)
- Abnormal Psychology (3 credits)
- Adult, Lifespan or Child Development (3 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
- Social Sciences Electives (9 credits) (Acceptable courses include additional Psychology or Sociology, Cultural Studies, Anthropology, American Studies, Women's Studies, Ethnic Studies, Government, Economics, History or Political Science)
- Kinesiology or Exercise Physiology with lab (3–4 credits) (Recommended but not required)
Prerequisite courses (as indicated above) must have been completed at a regionally accredited college or university with a grade of C or better. Math and science courses taken more than ten years prior to the anticipated date of matriculation to MCPHS will not be accepted.
Students with international coursework must submit a course-by-course evaluation from the World Education Service (WES). Please note that a WES evaluation is not required for applicants for coursework from English-Speaking Canadian universities and colleges.
All credits for the MSOT must be earned in the program. The School of Occupational Therapy does not accept transfer credits or experiential learning credits and does not award advanced placement in the program.