Math & Physics CenterCASE Boston
The Math and Physics Center can provide guidance on the concepts covered in your courses to help you strengthen your math-based skills. Through appointment-based tutoring, our staff can assist you in gaining a better understanding of course material, applying the concepts taught during class, and preparing for exams.
Appointments are required. To schedule one, visit MyWCOnline and select the “Math & Physics Center” from the schedule options.
Math & Physics Center peer tutors are current MCPHS undergraduate/graduate students; we do not hire outside candidates. The minimum requirements for becoming a peer tutor within the Math & Physics Center are:
- Must complete one full academic year at MCPHS
- Must complete an application process
- Must be a current MCPHS undergraduate/graduate level student
- Faculty recommendation
- Achieve and maintain a 3.0+ overall GPA
- A/A+ in the course you wish to tutor
- Required to check MCPHS e-mail daily
- Attend peer tutor orientation
If you would like to apply for a Peer Tutor position with the Math & Physics Center, please email the ULN (email@example.com) for more information prior to the beginning of the semester.
If you are a faculty member and would like to recommend a student as a peer tutor or you would like to request tutoring for your course, please contact the Director of Academic Support and Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org before the semester begins.