Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research – Fellowships in Early Clinical Development
The Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR), in conjunction with MCPHS, offers 5 unique post-PharmD Fellowship programs in Early Clinical Drug Development:
- Biomarker Development (BMD)
- Clinical Operations – General Medicine
- Clinical Operations – Translational Clinical Oncology (TCO)
- Clinical Quality Assurance (QA)
- Regulatory Affairs (RA)
Each two-year program is designed to provide talented candidates with a high-quality, comprehensive and unique postdoctoral experience. Candidates will gain practical industry experience within the early clinical drug development setting at NIBR. Candidates will also have opportunities to advance their academic skill set as an adjunct faculty member at MCPHS.
The Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR) is the innovation engine of Novartis. We collaborate across scientific and organizational boundaries, with a focus on powerful new technologies that have the potential to help produce therapeutic breakthroughs for patients.
The Novartis global clinical pipeline includes more than 150 projects and over 500 clinical trials. Within NIBR, we have more than 5,600 dedicated scientists and physicians, working across 6 global campuses.
We strive to unleash the power of our people, and we cultivate a company culture that is inspired, curious, and empowered.
Our 4 core values and behaviors underpin our company culture and summarize how we create an impact on our business and on each other, and they enable us to recognize and reward the time, expertise and ideas that contribute to our success. They provide the foundation for how we do things at Novartis.
- Our purpose answers the desire many people have for meaning and fulfilment in their work, so we want to make sure our people see the huge contribution that their work makes, to empower them to be their best selves every day and achieve their personal and professional goals.
- We believe curiosity fuels discovery. To develop innovative medicines and breakthrough healthcare solutions, we need curious minds with a constant desire to learn and a passion to discover new and better ways of doing things.
- Our people are most creative and productive when they are empowered to shape their work environment and pursue their ideas. We are focusing on encouraging leaders to remove obstacles and to empower their teams to reach their full potential. We are also equipping them with tools to be more self-aware and to set clear goals.
- Be honest. Have courage. Do what is right.
The Fellowship is comprised of the NIBR industry component and MCPHS academic component. Fellows will spend the majority of their time at NIBR obtaining real-world clinical trial experience with a smaller portion of time dedicated to MCPHS activities. Over the course of the Fellowship, the Fellows will:
- Develop knowledge of global regulations and guidelines governing clinical research, such as current Good Clinical Practice (cGCP) and International Council on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines
- Gain practical experience in the drug development process as an integral part of teams working on actual early phase development clinical studies in various phases from start-up through close-out
- Apply clinical and scientific knowledge to understand the design and conduct of early phase clinical studies
- Participate in didactic seminars, workshops, and group forums related to clinical research
- Expand technical writing proficiency of clinical documents such as study protocols and reports
- Strengthen presentation skills at internal meetings and at national conferences
Please see our brochure for additional details.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.