English Language Resource CenterCASE Boston
The English Language Resource Center (ELRC) serves English Language Learner (ELL) or multilingual (ESL) students who wish to strengthen their English skills to study more effectively at MCPHS. ESL faculty members are available on all three campuses to work with students one-on-one or in groups. Students can get help with their grammar, pronunciation, vocabulary, reading, writing, speaking, or any English skill necessary for their classes.
The ELRC is offering online video appointments via Microsoft Teams. For appointments and instructions visit WCOnline.
All appointment times are Eastern Time (Boston, MA).
If you have difficulty finding an available appointment, please sign up for the waitlist (link on the lower right side of each day's schedule).
How can I get help?
- Students should sign up for tutoring in Boston on WCOnline by selecting English Language Resource Center from the drop-down menu.
- For support in Worcester and Manchester or any other questions, contact Sunnia Ko Davis, Coordinator of the English Language Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I strengthen my English by myself?
- How to Recognize Plagiarism – Take these tutorials designed by Indiana University
- Synonym Finder – Build your vocabulary with this online tool
- Just the Word – Learn how to use words correctly (collocations)
- Self-Study Grammar Quizzes – Review your understanding of English grammar
Resources for MCPHS faculty/staff
Faculty and staff members encountering a student who may benefit from ELRC support can contact Sunnia Ko Davis, Coordinator of the English Language Resource Center at email@example.com.
The ELRC team is also available to meet with individual professors or faculty teams to suggest ELL-friendly instructional methods and assessments, as well as answer any questions about best practices for working with ELL students in their courses/programs. We welcome all questions and ideas.