Skip to content

COVID-19 Protocols on MCPHS Campus

The University has an extremely high vaccination rate of 98% of the on-campus Community, with the remaining 2% unvaccinated due to medical or religious reasons. The vaccination requirement for students, faculty, and staff is one of the many protocols in place to protect all Community members against COVID-19. Additionally, all individuals are required to continue wearing masks and maintain their respective COVID-19 testing compliance. Guidance on some of the University’s key COVID-19 protocols is provided below:

Wear a Mask

Since the main source of SARS-CoV-2 contagion is through respiratory droplets, masks are a key component to preventing its transmission. Masks with two or more layers block most large respiratory droplets as well as some fine droplets, also known as aerosols. By wearing a mask, particularly a medical mask with two or more layers, asymptomatic and presymptomatic carriers can largely reduce their chances of unwittingly spreading the virus. Likewise, mask-wearers protect themselves from infection. Refer to the Face Mask Protocols page for information on proper methods of mask-wearing and types of protective face masks.

Maintain COVID-19 Testing Compliance

Students, faculty, and staff are required to maintain their respective testing frequency schedule (e.g., 1x/week, 2x/week) on an ongoing basis. Please download the COVID-19 Testing Frequency Schedule for the latest testing requirements.

Students, faculty, and staff are required to report symptoms with the CoVerified application before physically coming to campus the morning of each regularly scheduled day. Individuals with symptoms consistent with a prospective COVID-19 diagnosis, regardless of a negative test result, will not be allowed on campus.

Frequently Wash your Hands

Hand washing is an easy way to avoid getting and spreading the SARS-CoV-2 virus, as well as many other illnesses. Hands are prime transmitters for germs because in addition to touching many surfaces (sometimes contaminated) throughout a day, people commonly touch their eyes, nose, and mouth—susceptible areas to expose an individual to infection. According to the CDC, education in hand washing can reduce respiratory infections (such as COVID-19) in the general population by 16-21%. Proper hand washing involves a solid scrub for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are unavailable, the next-best option is hand sanitizer with a minimum of 60% alcohol content. Though not as effective as washing your hands, using hand sanitizer for at least 20 seconds will reduce the number of germs on your hands. Additionally, you can reduce the germs you come into contact with by frequently cleaning and disinfecting surfaces and keeping your hands away from your face.

Practice Physical/Social Distancing

The safety measure of remaining at least six feet apart is complementary to the other health protocols. Should some germs remain after sanitizing your hands, or an extra-powerful sneeze causes infectious droplets to spritz through your mask, a physical distance of six feet or more can buffer those compromised defenses. Since people can spread the virus before they show symptoms, keeping a social distance of six feet or more can help prevent infection even in communal settings. The easiest way to evade close contact with others is to avoid large gatherings.

COVID-19 Team Contact Information

covid19team@mcphs.edu
617.732.2798