Skip to content

Student Support Resources

Is insurance available through the University?

The Business Office will take a lead role in planning for student insurance coverage for COVID-19-related expenses and care. We will ensure that University insurance coverages are reviewed and updated regularly regarding potential COVID-19 claims and risks.

Will counseling be available through the University?

Counseling Services will continue to use telehealth, provided by our Counseling Services will provide outreach modules that address the needs of our students in the current environment. Virtual and in-person programming will be available on health and wellness throughout the academic year.

What academic support resources will be available?

The Center for Academic Success and Enrichment will provide outreach and academic support services in-person and online; this includes academic planning, study strategies, development of Academic Success Plans, peer mentor support for the Introduction to the Major course, and more.

Peer and professional tutoring will be provided online by the Writing Center, the English Language Resource Center, and the Math/Physics Center. In addition, individual faculty will be available to offer discipline-specific tutoring as needed.

Are there any changes to tuition or financial aid?

We will bill students commensurate with changing academic plans and modified auxiliary services as applicable, including housing and other services. A primary goal will be to provide students with affordability counseling, and we will administer the CARES Act according to government guidelines. We will monitor evolving financial aid regulations as they pertain to all aspects of student financial aid, including online learning provisions, extended aid periods, and loan administrative forbearance programs.

What support is available for students with disabilities or other medical impairments?

The Office of Student Access and Accommodations (OSAA) is available to support students with disabilities or other medical impairments. This also includes students who are immunocompromised or at increased risk for COVID-19. Returning and incoming new students are encouraged to outreach to OSAA prior to the start of the fall semester regarding accommodations. IEP’s and 504 Plans are non-transferrable and students will need to meet with OSAA to establish accommodations..

Students with questions about accommodations should contact OSAA at or 617.879.5995.

COVID-19 Team Contact Information