Resources to Support MCPHS Students during Religious Observances
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is home to many diverse cultural and religious traditions. We invite you to explore the significance of some of the observances you might encounter here on campus through the various multifaith student organizations on each campus.
Ramadan is an occasion to focus on faith and community and is one of the most important Muslim holidays observed with fasting from dawn to dusk, continuous for 30 days. This year, the dates are expected to fall between Wednesday, March 22 through Friday, April 21. We encourage all students who celebrate Ramadan to talk with their professors in advance. Students who will be seeking documented absences for religious observances are asked to complete the online documented absence form specific to their home campus as early as possible.
Highlighted below are resources for students:
- Pre-packaged grab-and-go food items are available at various locations: COF Dining website.
- The Multifaith (Meditation/Prayer) Room is located near White Hall and Matricaria elevators are open access.
- Pre-packaged grab-and-go food items are available in the MicroMart all month, from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- The Multifaith (Meditation/Prayer) Room is located in the Hub 141 and is available from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Pre-packaged grab-and-go food items are available in the 10 Lincoln Sq. Café and 25 Foster St. Café 24/7 with swipe access.
- The Multifaith (Meditation/Prayer) Rooms are located at the following locations with open access:
- 19 Foster Street (DBEN 024)
- 10 Lincoln Square (LNCA 414)