Forsyth School of Dental Hygiene
Congratulations on accepting your admission offer into one of our online dental hygiene programs offered through the Forsyth School of Dental Hygiene at MCPHS.
We’re excited to provide you with a world-class online healthcare education experience. Before you begin your online program, review the information and resources below to prepare you as you begin your MCPHS online education. We will continue to post specific information on this page, so be sure to check back often.
All students entering an online dental hygiene program will be required to attend an in-person orientation at the Boston campus. This includes the following programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene completion program
- Associates to Master’s Dental Hygiene bridge program
- Master of Science in Dental Hygiene
For more information, please visit our orientation page.
In an online environment, you will be learning with technology. Basic computer and technical skills are required to be successful.
- Students should have some general knowledge of the following: browsing, searching, and navigating a web page, file management skills including saving, opening, and placing files inside folders, attaching files, uploading and downloading files.
- Students should be able to run system updates, including antivirus software updates, on their personal device.
- Knowledge about internet bookmarks, or bookmarking a site on the internet browser, is not required but will be extremely helpful and allow one to quickly navigate to the frequently used websites and resources.
We highly encourage you to have your own laptop (PC-Windows or Apple-MacOS) to connect to Wi-Fi and MCPHS resources while you are on campus. If you are planning to purchase a new laptop, please spend time using it so that you are comfortable before you come to campus and start the semester. Please make sure you have administrator rights on your laptop in order to install and update software if needed. Business laptops do not always perform functions necessary to access MCPHS Wi-Fi or access online coursework.
A web camera and microphone are required, and students should have access to a printer. We also recommend a cordless mouse if you are more familiar with using a mouse than the track pad on your laptop. You will find it very useful at orientation. Now is the perfect time to get familiar with the computer or laptop that you will be using the most over the next two years.
Microsoft Office is required and provided to you while you are a student at MCPHS.
- Log into Microsoft 365 with your new MCPHS email and password.
- Download the latest version of Microsoft Word and other Office Apps if you do not already have it installed (Excel, PowerPoint, Skype for Business).
- In the top right corner (after login) there should be a link to download all Microsoft tools.
Both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox should be available on your computer.