WelcomeA special message from the Associate Provost
On behalf of the University, I would like to congratulate you on your acceptance to MCPHS and welcome you to MCPHS Online.
You will be joining a community of learners from a wide variety of academic and employment backgrounds who, like you, are committed to impacting the healthcare field and to growing as healthcare professionals and people. Our online community comprises more than 500 students in online programs, ranging from nursing and dental hygiene to public health and regulatory affairs and health policy. MCPHS Online students are enthusiastic, dedicated, and—above all—passionate about the work they do inside and outside the virtual classroom.
For nearly 200 years, MCPHS has been a leader in healthcare education, and we are proud to bring our special expertise to the world of online learning. We understand the unique needs of working healthcare professionals, which is why our programs were specially designed to empower working students to advance their educations and their careers.
As you begin your journey with MCPHS Online, I wanted to share some advice from some of our most successful online students:
- Familiarize yourself with basic web and computing technology and devices before the start of classes by completing the BB101 Online Orientation module.
- Participate in the course from the very first day the class opens.
- Review your course syllabus, establish scheduled study times, and adjust your schedule to attend web sessions.
- Each week, devote 9–12 hours for class time and study time for every three-credit course in which you are enrolled.
- Allow for additional time in your weekly schedule to complete written assignments and course readings, as needed.
We are committed to your success as an online student, and we look forward to welcoming you to our online learning community!
Barbara A. Macaulay
Associate Provost, Academic Innovation