Graduate Studies Summer Program
International Graduate Studies Program
This program is designed for students interested in a Doctor of Pharmacy from the United States but who are missing liberal arts prerequisites.
In the United States, pharmacy degrees require liberal arts prerequisites (Humanities, Writing, Social Sciences), whereas, in most countries outside North America, undergraduate pharmacy programs do not. Students from these undergraduate programs find themselves missing many, if not all, of the liberal arts credits required for entry into the Doctorate of Pharmacy program. The Graduate Studies Summer program allows you to satisfy these requirements in a short ten-week summer session while introducing you to American healthcare.
Students will complete required prerequisites over the summer in a condensed 10-week format. You will also receive coaching to help you prepare for American academic study habits, help integrate you into American culture, and introduce you to the American healthcare industry.
Successful completion of the Graduate Studies Summer Program satisfies the following prerequisites:
- English Composition
- English Elective
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Sociology
- Introduction to History or Introduction to Political Science
- Humanities Elective
- Behavioral Science Elective
- If you are interested in this program you should complete an application for the Accelerated Doctor of Pharmacy program (PharmD) on the MCPHS Worcester or Manchester, NH campus.
- You must be admitted into the PharmD program on the Worcester or Manchester, NH campus for the following fall start term in order to be eligible to begin the Graduate Studies Summer Program.
- Applicants should have a GPA of over 3.0, but students with a lower GPA will be considered if letters of recommendation and work experience provide more information on the candidate’s qualifications.
- The first-year tuition for the PharmD program is billed at the beginning of the Graduate Studies Summer Program, and all payment arrangements must be satisfied by August 1st. Tuition information for the Accelerated Doctor of Pharmacy Program can be found here.
- You must successfully complete the summer Graduate Studies Program by August 15th in order to enroll in the full-time PharmD program fall term.
The 34-month Accelerated PharmD Program is one of only a handful of its kind in the United States. Earn your doctorate in just 34 months, and sit for the North American Pharmacy Licensure Examination (NAPLEX).