Top Ten Reasons to Choose MCPHS
There are too many reasons to count, but here are 10 of our very favorite reasons to choose Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (MCPHS).
1. It’s in our DNA
A passion for health sciences is in our DNA—we’ve been educating healthcare leaders for nearly 200 years. As a comprehensive healthcare institution in the U.S., we're prepared to meet the increased demand for passionate and skilled healthcare professionals.
2. Healthcare is in demand
There’s never been a better time to pursue a career in healthcare. Thirteen out of thirty jobs were created through 2029 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2020). With more than 100 programs across a wide range of healthcare fields, you’ll find a job with one of our degrees.
3. Demonstrated career success
We're ranked #1 for Earning Power (Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education, 2018) and #4 in Most Transformative Colleges (Money Magazine, 2020). It doesn’t stop there—we also rank #3 nationally for Return on Investment (Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce, 2019). College is an investment—at MCPHS, it pays off.
4. Located in medical hubs
MCPHS's three campuses sit in medical hubs across New England:
- In Boston, the global medical hub of the Longwood Medical and Academic Area is home to the nation's #1 pediatric hospital in, Boston Children's Hospital, the fifth-best cancer care institution in the U.S. in the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, and a Fortune 500 company in Merck.
- The second-largest city in New England, Worcester, MA, has become a medical hub in its own right. The UMass Medical School is a leader in biomedical research, the Massachusetts Biotechnology Research Park has become a center of medical research and development, and the top employers in the city are hospitals.
- Manchester, New Hampshire, is home to two top 10 best regional hospitals (U.S. News & World Report), with Massachusetts General Hospital-affiliated Southern New Hampshire Medical Center, Elliot Hospital, and the NH Bureau of Infectious Disease Control right in MCPHS's backyard.
5. Unmatched professional opportunities
At our three campuses, our students gain hands-on experiences, make connections, and learn from leaders with clinical, research, and internship opportunities at top-ranked institutions that are unavailable to other schools, thanks to our long-standing partnerships.
6. A modern curriculum
Collaboration across multiple healthcare professions is at the heart of the integrated care models deployed across today’s healthcare system. Interprofessional educational experiences are at the core of the training featured in our laboratories, classrooms, and simulations. This team-based approach is the future of healthcare.
7. Dedicated teaching faculty
Our full-time faculty are accomplished leaders in their fields— fellows of national academies, editors of medical journals, contributors to universal textbooks, investigators on federally funded research projects, and business leaders. But above all, they are mentors to our students.
8. State-of-the-art facilities
MCPHS students learn practical skills in modern laboratories, clinics, and simulations. For example, our pharmacy lab is actually a licensed pharmacy, and our sonography lab offers 17 ultrasound units equipped with advanced 3D/4D imaging equipment. Our students practice on the same equipment they will go on to use in their careers.
9. An unbeatable community
Get personalized advising and education only found at small colleges. Big enough to continuously discover new connections, yet small enough to always see friendly faces. MCPHS is located in the rich and diverse city of Boston, providing students with a wealth of experiences.
10. Healthcare in the spotlight
Healthcare is at the forefront of a generational crisis. All over the world, #HealthcareHeroes are in the spotlight battling against COVID-19, making a real difference that will reverberate for years to come. This noble profession changes people’s lives on a daily basis. Begin your path now at MCPHS.