Asian/Asian American Pacific Islander ResourcesCounseling Services
There are a variety of mental health and self-care resources available for Asian and Asian Americans. Please see some examples below as a helpful starting point.
- Asian American Racism & Mental Health Resources
Wellness and Mental Health Resources for Asian Identified Students created by Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School.
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice
A legal advocacy group with resources on addressing racism and bias.
- Black/Asian Solidarity
- Asian American Resource Workshop
- Asian Americans in the People's History of the United States
- Massachusetts Asian + Pacific Islanders (MAP) for Health
Online community and resources for Asian LGBTQ+ Young Adults and allies in Massachusetts.
- Mustard Seed Generation
An organization that promotes mental health within the Korean American community.
When you witness an incident of racism or bias, here’s how you can help those being targeted.
- Distract: Ask for directions and engage in a bias-unrelated conversation with the person being targeted.
- Delegate: Dial 911 to report to the police and ask someone in authority (bus driver, store manager, etc.) to intervene. Sometimes knowing the police are en route de-escalates the perpetrator.
- Direct: Address the perpetrator, "You're harassing them; that is not appropriate."
- Connect & Comfort: If the incident is a "hit and run," go to the target after the perpetrator leaves and ask, "Are you okay? Should I get help? Should we get out of here?"
- Document: (only if it's safe, someone else is aiding the target in the ways listed above, and public laws allow videotaping) It may be helpful to video the incident on your cellphone for use by the target to file a police report.
Condensed from the following resource: Hollaback.org Bystander Intervention
- The Jocko Podcast: Jonny Kim, NASA Astronaut, Harvard-educated MD, and former Navy SEAL, shares his story of early family trauma and lessons learned on healing and forgiveness.
- The Dave Chang Show: Chef David Chang discusses food, culture, and the Asian American experience.
- The Asian Boss Girl: A podcast for the modern-day Asian American woman hosted by Melody Cheng, Helen Wu, and Janet Wang.
- This is For Us: An Asian American Podcast: Podcast featuring Asian American men.
- Asians Do Therapy: Asian therapists discuss issues facing Asian Americans and mental health.